Designed by Renault Sport Technologies, the 16V F4R RS 2.0 naturally aspirated engine has real character! Lively and discreet at low engine speeds, it proves its sporting credentials at higher speeds.
The 16V F4R RS 2.0 develops 200 hp at 7,250 rpm for torque of 125 Nm at 5,550 rpm. With 100 hp per litre of capacity, it boasts exceptional performance for this segment.
To deliver this level of power and torque, engine efficiency has been optimised, with:
- An improved cylinder-filling rate based on technology imported directly from Formula 1 engines
- Larger valve openings to bring in more air and optimise gas flow
- Continuously variable valve timing to improve engine performance at all speeds. Result: more torque at lower engine speeds and more power at higher speeds
- A high compression ratio of 11.5:1 obtained through the well designed shape of the chamber and piston. Combustion quality is improved for high standards of efficiency and limited pollutant emissions
On the road...
Equipped with the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 engine and a TL4 6-speed manual gearbox, Clio Renaultsport hits 62 mph from a standing start in just 6.9 seconds. It covers 1 km from a standing start in a mere 27.5 seconds.
For outstanding driveability and exceptional thrills, the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 delivers:
- Strong acceleration and immediate response Driving is smooth and lively for day-to-day use; stimulating and fast paced for higher speeds
- A signature engine sound, developed by the engineers of Renaultsport Technologies Discreet at low speeds, the naturally aspirated 16V 2.0 knows how to "roar" when pushed, with its reinforced subframe and the floor specially designed to limit boom, a "3Y" type exhaust manifold, a steel crankshaft with eight counterweights to reduce spurious vibration and friction.